35th annual Natural Areas Conference Presentations
A Joint Conference of the Natural Areas Association (NAA) and
the National Association of Exotic Pest Plant Councils (NAEPPC)
Hosted by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC)
Plenary Session - War Memorial Auditorium - Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- Welcome by Kim Herman, Natural Areas Association, President, and Brian Bowen, Conference Chair
- Mayor Karl Dean, City of Nashville, Welcome to Music City, USA: How We're Making it Green!
- Jim Fyke, Commissioner of Department of Environment and Conservation, Conserving Tennessee's Natural Heritage
- Ed Clebsch, University of Tennessee, The Natural History of Tennessee
- Tony Pernas, National Association of Exotic Pest Plant Council, President
- Richard N. Mack, School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA. Predicting Biological Invasions Under Global Climatic Change: Complexity2
- Daniel Simberloff, Nancy Gore Hunger Professor of Environmental Studies at the University of Tennessee. Biofuel Feedstocks: Are Invasion Biologists Just Chicken Littles
- Larry J. Schweiger, President and CEO, National Wildlife Federation.
Confronting The Climate Crisis: Why We Need To Reinvent Natural Resources Conservation To Save The Places We Care About